- NEW luxury Penthouse apartment
- Breathtaking Estuary and sea views
- South facing balcony
- Allocated parking
- Use of hotel facilities
- On the beach
- 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms
- Outstanding specification
Property Description: DESCRIPTION
With a breath-taking position on South Sands beach, complete with direct access to its glorious sands, The
Reach is a truly unique location for the ten new luxury waterfront apartments that are being built within this
fabulous original 1930s building.
Situated in the South Hams is the beautiful town of Salcombe - boutique shops, art galleries, restaurants and eateries come together to suit the enviable lifestyle that this development has to offer. Salcombe is also very popular for its water-sports, with the spectacular views across the estuary, glorious beaches and hills providing the perfect backdrop for scenic walks and outdoor activity.
Spoilt for choice, surrounded by beauty spots including North Sands and Fort Charles, there are plenty of areas to explore. If staying close to home, not only do you have a beach on your doorstep as well as private parking, you can enjoy the proximity to the hotel's dining and spa facilities within this luxury complex. THE DESIGN
Sympathetically designed to slot seamlessly into its 'Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty' and the adjacent listed lifeboat station, the apartments are orientated towards the sea views, with private balconies and expansive windows to enjoy the enviable location.
Their design echoes the traditional boat building structures and boathouses that can be seen along the estuary. Salcombe's boatbuilding heritage is also embraced through the apartments' semi-industrial aesthetic of dark grey and cedar cladding creating clean, linear lines. Frame-less glass balustrades and concealed gutters create a seamless appearance.
The interiors of the apartments are flooded with natural light with their full-length windows and high ceilings; giving a spacious and contemporary feel. THE PENTHOUSE
At every stage, from architectural design to interior finish, The Penthouse apartment at The Reach has been designed to impress. Accessible by elevator, this grand home has everything you need for both a weekend of entertaining and a few days escape from the world.
Uninterrupted sea views are made centre stage in this home, with a private balcony leading out from the main living space, maximising on the feeling of space and escape that this stunning property offers. The spacious open plan kitchen and dining area make the perfect place to host, with a separate utility and preparation area conveniently located.
Access to the mezzanine floor and the crow's nest invites you outside to enjoy the sea air and look out across the South Sands Beach below.
The penthouse boasts 4 generous double bedrooms each with its own accompanying en suite as well as an impressive internal winter garden, open to the dark coastal night sky. PLACE TO VISIT
Situated just moments from the water at South Sands Beach, The Penthouse at The Reach offers much in
the way of places to visit.
On bright and warm summer days the South Hams coastline offers no better place to be, with the South West Coast path leading straight past your front door and down to the stunning beaches and coves of the South West. The sandy safe shores of Soar Mill Cove and Bolberry Down are a special treat for those who venture down, with the Iron Age Fort at Bolt Head attracting many a passing walker.
A haven for water sports fans, the gentle waters around Salcombe provide the perfect location for keen kayakers, paddle boarders and swimmers to get their fix, with the popular surf beach of Bantham located only a short drive away.
A gentle 30 minute walk takes you straight into the town centre of Salcombe, host to some of the best independent shops, cafes and restaurants in the South West. The multi-award winning Salcombe Gin company located in the town offers a delightful afternoon activity of gin distillery as well as the accompanying bar and retail shop.
The outstanding and immersive Dartmoor National Park is easily accessible by car and further expands the weekend potential of this location, offering cosy countryside pubs and rewarding walks and hikes. YOUR NEW HOME
A sanctuary, a place to escape and a place to relax; The Penthouse at The Reach already has it all. From its stunning location within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, to the architectural and interior features which make this apartment a home, an opportunity for space and a stress free haven awaits.
Let the coastal lifestyle which this waterside property offers invite you in; with the penthouse view out to the water east facing, the sunrise on a clear day is impossible to miss. A fresh coffee on the balcony to watch your private sunrise show starts the day off more beautifully than most, with the slow change of the tide setting the pace for the rest of the day.
From there the choice to stay in or venture out into the surrounding landscape is all yours, with an array of options to choose from.
Let home be your anchor, let your home be The Penthouse at The Reach. KEY CONNECTIONS
The larger railway stations of Exeter and Plymouth are just over an hour
away by car, providing regular services to Bristol, London and beyond.
Exeter Airport offers domestic travel as well as air transfers to the larger
airport of Bristol and London terminals
Travel Times By Car:
Salcombe 10 mins
Soar Mill Cove 10 mins
Kingsbridge 17 mins
Bantham Beach 24 mins
Plymouth 1 hour
Exeter 1.15 hours KITCHEN
- Kitchens from Pentangle Kitchens
- Furniture front finish - timber veneer, colour 221 V Oak Abruzzo rough sawn veneer
- Carcass finish - matt laminate, colour K284 Carbon Grey
- Worktop & splash back - 30mm Caesarstone 2141 Snow
- Linear LED under-cabinet task lighting
- Utility - matt laminate K120 frosty white doors with 30mm Caesarstone 2141 Snow worktop
- Miele oven
- Miele combi microwave
- Bora Pure induction hob and extractor
- Under counter wine cooler
- Miele fridge freezer with plumbed in ice make
- Miele dishwasher
- Quooker PRO 3 Fusion stainless steel tap providing boiling and sparkling water
- Blanco Andano undermounted stainless steel sink
- Miele free standing washing machine - utility
- Miele 7kg freestanding tumble dryer BATHROOMS AND EN-SUITES
- Kaldewei SuperPlan shower trays
- Kaldewei baths
- Catalano Premium / Green double and single hand basins
- Catalano WCs and soft close seat
- Vado overhead shower (black / brass)
- Vado bath / shower mixer (black / brass)
- Meryln shower screens
- Solus Ceramics floor and wall tiling
- Ceasarstone to wash hand basin / cistern duct top
- LED downlights ELECTRICS
- Screwless Brushed Chrome switches & sockets where exposed, white plastic on concealed items
- LED downlights, dimmable to bedrooms and living rooms / kitchens
- Video entry phone
- 5amp lighting circuit to living rooms and bedrooms
- Bose ceiling speakers and wiring for music system only to living area, kitchen, bedroom 1 and bedroom 2 (cabling and speakers only) (8 speakers per apartment) INTERIORS
- Painted moulded solid core doors, 44mm thick
- Painted T&G MDF wall panelling to hallway entrance
- Engineered timber flooring to hallways, dining, kitchen and lounge
- Paint finish to all walls, ceilings and woodwork EXTERIORS
- Millboard composite decking to terraces and balconies
- Glass balcony screens to terraces and balconies AGENTS NOTE
The images shown are computer generated and are for illustrative purposes only. Other images shown are examples of specification and finish. SERVICES
Mains water, drainage and electricity.
Hot water is provided via individual HIU with back up immersion heater. Water fed to the HIU via mains boilers in the plant room. The apartment is generally heated and cooled by a centralised electric VRF system LOCAL AUTHORITY
South Hams District Council, Follaton House, Plymouth Road, Totnes TQ9 5NE. Tel: 01803 861234 TENURE
Leasehold 250 years DIRECTIONS
Enter Salcombe on the A381 and proceed straight along Main Road, bearing left round a sharp bend. Turn right into Sandhills Road (at the junction of Main Road and Devon Road) and proceed down to the bottom of the road to North Sands Beach. Turn sharp right and drive past the beach and up the hill on the other side of the bay. Drop down the hill into South Sands and The Reach Apartments will be found on your right hand side, in front of the beach. TIMESCALE
It is anticipated that all 10 apartments will be completed in autumn 2021.