- Pair of period semi-detached cottages
- Listed building consent to create a detached cottage
- Near-level 1/3rd acre plot backing onto fields at rear and to one side
- For Sale by Informal tender:
- Edge of Dartmoor National Park with views to the moor
- Building project: property not currently habitable
- For Sale via Informal Tender if not sold prior
- Off road parking
- Garage and outbuilding
- Edge of popular South Hams village with amenities in walking
Property Description: IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE
Please note the property has had part of its internal fabric removed and viewers are reminded to take extra at future viewings. We kindly request that for their own safety no children attend any appointments. INFORMAL TENDER
This property is for sale by informal tender.
1) Tenders must be submitted on a form supplied by Luscombe Maye's Yealmpton office and should be returned to Luscombe Maye's Yealmpton office by noon on the 24th of June 2022 in a sealed envelope marked The Clergy House together with proof of funds.
2) All offers will be confidential between the offeror, Luscombe Maye, the sellers and their solicitors.
3) The sellers do not undertake to accept the highest or any offer and the vendor reserves the right to sell the property prior to the informal tender date.
4) The agents will tell offerors of the sellers' decision as soon as possible.
5) When a tender is accepted, a sale will be agreed and solicitors instructed to proceed with the conveyancing process
6 On sale an agreed exchange date will be agreed DESCRIPTION
Dating in parts from the 16th century this pair of cottages (Grade II listing) were once a pair of cottages for clergy. Sitting in a near level plot of circa 1/3rd of an acre, the property is located on the edge of the village with fields to the rear and side with views across the countryside to open moorland.
The current owners have secured listed buildings consent from Dartmoor National Park to convert the dwellings into a four bedroom detached cottage. Work has already commenced with the the removal of kitchens, bathroom, some plaster work, some ground flooring and some first floor ceilings etc. back to the bare walls, making it easy for the professional to guage the extent of the works required. As such, the property is not currently habitable and this project is largely suited to cash buyers or specialist lenders.
There is the option to keep the property as a pair of cottages to create a house with annexe (subject to any necessary consents).
Outside there is a gate opening to a driveway to the side of the property which leads to a stone-built garage with wooden doors and a useful outbuilding for storage. STATIC CARAVAN
There is a two bedroom static caravan on site connected to the electricity supply, water, private drainage and gas cylinders. This is available to purchase separately. SERVICES
Mains water and electricity are connected to the property. Private drainage. BUILDING CONSENTS
Please note the agents act for the sellers and supply the following information to assist purchasers in good faith .and advise applicants to seek their own appropriate consultation with a planning/building consult .
There is currently listed building consent from Dartmoor National Park:
REF 0386/21 Listed Building Consent
REF 0385/21 Dartmoor National Park Building Consent TENURE
Freehold. VIEWING ARRANGEMENTS
Strictly by appointment with Luscombe Maye - Please do not enter the building or grounds without an appointment. Tel. 01752 880044. Email email@example.com COUNCIL TAX
Currently Band A and Band C. South Hams District Council. Enquiries as to the council tax band after the creation of one individual property should be made with the local authority. EPC
This building is Grade II listed and is exempt from the requirement for an EPC.