- Guide £350,000 to £375,000
- Detached bungalow with potential for extension and/or loft conversion (STPP)
- Stunning views over the village to Dartmoor beyond
- Three bedrooms, reception rooms, kitchen and potential utility
- Generous wrap-around gardens
- Quiet no-through road
- Popular village location with transport to amenities available
- Large garage and ample driveway parking
- NO ONWARD CHAIN
- In need of some refreshment
Property Description: PRICE
Guide Price £350,000 to £375,000 SITUATION
The peaceful hamlet of Lutton lies just outside the Southern edge of Dartmoor National Park, in the rolling hills of the South Hams. Whilst offering rural tranquillity, there is easy access to the South Devon Expressway being just under five miles away (10 minutes by car), for commuting to Plymouth and beyond. The hamlet boasts The Mountain Inn and the nearby village of Cornwood offers a range of amenities including a Good-rated primary school, church, cricket club, community-run pub, village store/tea room and visiting Post Office to the community centre. There is a 24-hour Tesco Extra at Lee Mill near the junction with the A38. Dartmoor Zoo is based in nearby Sparkwell.
Further facilities are found in the town of Ivybridge just over four miles away, including a range of independent shops such as a butchers, bakers, a bank, hairdressers, pubs, cafés, take-aways, leisure centre with swimming pool, health centre, library and Good-rated secondary school for which transport is provided from Lutton. Ivybridge also boasts a mainline railway station. Plymouth city centre is just 10 miles or about 30 minutes by car with a larger range of shops, restaurants and amenities such as theatres, independent schools, cinemas, major hospital and continental ferry port.
From the village there are public footpaths up onto the open moor and down by the River Piall. Outdoor pursuits are also available in close proximity in Dartmoor National Park, which offers a variety of locations for horse riding, walking, climbing and cycling. McCauleys Health Club and Ivybridge Golf Club can be found en-route to Ivybridge. The South Hams beaches of Mothecombe and Wembury are within a half hour drive, and Plymouth Sound and the yachting haven at Newton Ferrers offer opportunities for sailing, SUP, kayaking and more. DESCRIPTION
Set on a quiet no-through road within the popular village of Lutton, Luscombe Maye present this three bedroom detached bungalow which is in need of some refreshment and provides the potential opportunity for further extension and a possible loft conversion, subject to the necessary consents.
The home enjoys an impressive aspect looking over the village itself and towards rural fields and Dartmoor in the distance, and may be potentially reconfigured by the eventual purchaser to take further advantage of the stunning views.
To the front, there is comprehensive driveway parking and a large garage, whilst other benefits include double glazing and oil fired central heating.
The internal accommodation briefly comprises three bedrooms, sun room, sitting room, dining room, kitchen, potential utility room and family shower room. POINTS OF NOTE INCLUDE:
- Two double bedrooms, one enjoying a dual aspect with stunning countryside views, plus one single bedroom.
- Modern shower room with matching suite comprising low level WC, pedestal hand basin with mirror over, heated towel rail and glazed shower cubicle with electric shower.
- Dual aspect sitting room benefitting from countryside views and a feature fireplace with cast iron insert and tiled sides with marble surround and hearth.
- Separate dining room with built-in storage cupboards.
- Sun room/entrance porch overlooking the garden.
- Kitchen fitted with a range of wall and base units with work surfaces over and cupboards and drawers under incorporating 1½ bowl stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap, and space for fridge, freezer and washing machine.
- Half glazed rear porch which lends itself to use as a utility room and houses the oil-fired boiler.
- Wonderful gardens wrapping around three sides of the bungalow with lawn and patio areas, along with well-stocked flower and shrub borders including hydrangeas, fuchsias, roses, azaleas, camellias and a lovely mature Bramley apple tree. In addition, there is a greenhouse, a potting shed, coal store and outside WC.
- Extensive gated driveway to the fourth side of the property, providing parking for several vehicles and leading to the garage.
- Single garage with up and over door to front, power and light. SERVICES
Mains electricity, water and drainage. Oil fired central heating. TENURE
Freehold. COUNCIL TAX AND LOCAL AUTHORITY
Band D. South Hams District Council. VIEWING ARRANGEMENTS
Strictly by appointment with Luscombe Maye. Tel 01752 880044. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. LETTINGS
Luscombe Maye also offers an Award Winning Lettings service. If you are considering Letting your own property, or a buy to let purchase, please contact Andrew or Ross on 01752 393330 or email@example.com to discuss our range of bespoke services.