- 3D Tour available on request
- Four good-sized bedrooms
- En-suite shower room and family bathroom
- Sitting room and separate dining room
- Kitchen and utility
- Integral garage and driveway parking
- Wrap-around gardens
- Some modernisation required
- Sought-after village location
- One careful owner
Property Description: SITUATION
Cornwood is a typical Devon village, situated on the Southern edge of Dartmoor National Park, with a village shop and tea-room, visiting Post Office, primary school, the Cornwood Inn, church and a variety of clubs and societies for those who wish to join. There are walks out to the open moor, which provides wonderful views over the South Hams. Lee Mill, just under 10 minutes by car, gives access to the A38 South Devon Expressway and a 24-hour Tesco Extra. The town of Ivybridge is about 10 minutes by car and has a good range of shopping facilities, bank, leisure centre, golf club, railway station and a large, well respected Community College. The city of Plymouth is within a 30 minute drive, itself an historic and vibrant waterside City, well provided with colleges, grammar and public schools, modern university, the Peninsula Medical School, Theatre Royal and cinemas, large department stores, cafés, bistros and restaurants. The leisure facilities are outstanding with superb water-sports in and around Plymouth Sound. Beaches at Mothecombe & Wembury are around a 30 minute drive. DESCRIPTION
Greystones has been in the same ownership since its construction over 50 years ago. Situated on the edge of Cornwood, close to the village primary school, the house would be ideal for a young family with its spacious accommodation, wrap-around gardens and proximity to Dartmoor. Whilst presently maintained, the property would benefit from some updating to create a superb family home. Points of note include: ACCOMMODATION
- Entrance hall with part fingerblock mosaic parquet flooring, large walk-in understairs storage cupboard, door to downstairs WC with hand basin, doors to principle ground floor rooms and stairs to the first floor.
- Dual aspect sitting room with a box bay window to the front with delightful window seat, a further window to the side, a stone feature fireplace with electric fire and slatted bi-fold doors leading to:
- L-shaped dining room providing ample space for a table and chairs, along with sun room or home office area, and sliding glazed doors leading out to the garden.
- Kitchen fitted with a range of wall and base units with work surfaces over and cupboards and drawers under incorporating double drainer stainless steel sink unit, built-in double oven, four ring ceramic hob, space for fridge and slimline dishwasher and a useful pantry cupboard.
- Utility room with terracotta tiled floor, oil fired Worcester boiler, space for upright freezer and fitted with base units with work surfaces over and cupboards under incorporating space and plumbing for washing machine and inset stainless steel sink unit.
- Four double bedrooms, three with built-in wardrobe cupboards and one with a full set of bedroom furniture including cupboards, drawers and dressing table.
- Family bathroom fitted with a matching suite comprising panelled bath with shower over, low level WC and pedestal hand basin; en-suite shower room with fully tiled walls, a shower cubicle, low level WC and compact pedestal hand basin.
- To the front of the property, double five-bar gates give access to the driveway providing parking for two vehicles and on to the integral garage which has light and power.
- The gardens wrap around three sides of the house and are a particular feature of the property, being mainly laid to lawn with borders well stocked with numerous mature trees and shrubs including a flowering cherry, magnolia, hydrangeas and azaleas. There are several paved seating areas, the largest being directly outside the dining room, all providing areas to enjoy the sun at different times of the day. In addition, there is a delightful kitchen garden well stocked with numerous fruit bushes, a good sized garden shed and a further tool shed. SERVICES
Mains electricity, water and drainage. Oil fired central heating. COUNCIL TAX BAND AND LOCAL AUTHORITY
The property is in Council Tax band E and the Local Authority is South Hams District Council. TENURE
Strictly by appointment with Luscombe Maye Estate Agents, Yealmpton Office, Tel: 01752 880044.